Wendy's favorite quotes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Podcast & Video Recordings and Book Trailer Storyboards!

Yesterday I went to Salt Lake City for a meeting with my publisher, Shadow Mountain to record some promo spots and a podcast. 
My awesome dad drove me down through a blizzard with jackknifed semi trucks and emergency vehicles all over the place. He's a good sport.

For the podcast, we were in a little room at the top of KSL broadcasting station. It was awkward at first but they say I didn't sound too much like an idiot, so that's good. The video clips were harder. I was so nervous, but we did it so, Yay!




When we finished with that, we went back to Shadow Mountain where Chris showed me storyboards for A Monster Like Me's book trailer! They will be filming on Monday. The same director that did Brandon Mull's book trailer will be directing mine. There will be special effects and everything!

 
 He also said that they are working on my poster with Brandon Dorman (artist from Fablehaven books!) doing the art, and will have bookmarks to hand out to all the kids at the school assemblies I'll be doing in March.  So, hopefully in a couple weeks, I'll have a book trailer to share with you.

It's all pretty exciting. I can't wait!




No comments: